Tuesday, July 21, 2009

mmmmm....real food

So my friends at Under Armour decided to cook up a plan to make us some good home cooked meals. We're tired and the last thing on our mind is cooking and grocery shopping and doing normal life. Plus I'm so sick of eating Turkey sandwiches I am banning deli meats! Then there is the cost of the grocery store --- yes only 1 grocery store in the area! It is at least 2 x or more than our store just 35 miles away! Lean cuisine meals are $4 a piece here but at our house are $2. One pound of hamburger meat here is $7 - I only pay $3.50 at home. Oh and the Colby cheese - not really a premium cheese...not gormet...just Colby -- $11.00 a pound!!!!!!! Normally I get 3/4 pound of cheese - well I didn't look at the price and paid $9.00 for CHEESE!!!!! What the......

So we are truly grateful to all my friends at work - so many have signed up on the sheet to make us dinners 2 nights a week. I have to say ----- SHANNON ---- the meatloaf and mashed potatoes!!!! LOVED THEM!!!! Awesome dinner and I can't tell you how nice it was to have real food!

thanks to everyone - love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...