Monday, May 26, 2008

Relaxing day

Everything usually stays pretty stressful around here and very crazy. There is rarely a time when we actually sit and enjoy the day. Yesterday I slept most of it away on the deck while Haven colored. This morning she woke me up at 6am with "Mom, there's a spider on the wall".....well I definitely can't sleep now. So I get out of bed quick because who can really sleep knowing there is a black spider walking around above them.

About every morning Kris or I will do a scan of Haven to see if there is anything that may have changed with her. Her back still has the two large lumps and the blister on her chest is still there. The ones on her buns are going away. YEAH! I'm so excited.

We got a new light for Haven....I plugged it in today....BAM! It blew up in my hand. My hand turned black and the biggest flame shot out of it. The cord was dangling in my hand no longer attached to the light. SCARED ME TO DEATH. I had to keep checking my hand to make sure it was all good.

While I was out Saturday I bought Haven a cute little Schnauzer. She has been saying that she wants 5. Well I started off with a stuffed animal of one. It's a Webkinz pet and you have to give him a name on the web site and build his room and buy him stuff and make his outside play area. I registered Belvin (her dog's name) and got her set up. She was so quick to learn how to do it. I showed her once and let her watch the demo. She was on her own. Here is a pic of her playing on the computer
.
Haven loves to do her workbooks. We were watching her do the letters. She is getting so good at them. This workbook requires her to sound out the picture and draw a line to the letter it starts with. It also helps her counting and saying the ABCs.



If you are ever around Haven you will hear her talk about Piggy or Mommy Piggy. My dad left his shed opened and we watched as Piggy snuck around the shed, stopping every couple of slow stretched steps, looking for peanuts. Usually my dad is close by so she knows she has to be sneaky.

Well my dad wasn't home and Piggy found her way in to the shed. We decided it was cuter to see Piggy sneaking peanuts than to kick her out of the shed.

Now if you remember the beginning of April - Haven and I planted flowers in the front yard. Well here they are! I'm so excited about how they have grown. I go out every day and talk to them.


This would be the back yard by the shed. I started this because I had extra seeds and didn't want them to go to waste. But gardening is probably one of the best stress relievers I can think of. It is so relaxing and gives me my few hours to be in my own head and not think of everything else in life. Now I'm enjoying the rewards!

This one is the other side of the shed. Check out what 3 weeks of rain can do for your flowers!



This is my dad's back yard - I know my Aunt and Grandma will want to see what we have done. I have worked hard on this with them. I planted a bunch of new flowers and my dad planted rocks. I believe we have done a great job on this back yard. I don't have money to do mine so I have my dad buy stuff and I work on his.

The rock garden in the back is the newest section. Just put in. Next weekend I will be planting flowers in the big rock ring in the center!

Anyway, this is how I'm trying to relax and not think about chemo and blisters and hair falling out and swelling! Haven is so swollen right now it's ridiculous.

Talk to everyone soon
love ya
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...