Thursday, May 1, 2008

Affects of Chemo

Progressively Haven has become sicker with each dose of medication.
Last week she was feeling like the flu for about 24 hours. Just really
not herself.

This Tuesday she started to feel achy and hurting around 6pm. She
didn't want to talk to anyone and just hung out on the couch. Wednesday
she was worse. By the time I got home she was in hell. I came home to
her screaming in pain in the bathroom, Grandma Virginia in there with
her and her dad at the top of the stairs with a thermometer. Buckets
laying around the house. I went into the bathroom and her hair was
soaked in sweat and she was crying that it hurt. Her stomach was
cramping so bad. We got her cleaned up and on the couch with a heating
pad.

Luckily I went to bed early, at 3:30 am she woke me up to come sleep in
her bed. I didn't even ask her why and jumped in there. She had the
heating pad on her stomach and she was curled into a ball. I massaged
her stomach and back for a long time. Around 4:30 am she started
screaming the she needed to go to the potty. We all got up and took off
in there. The scream of pain just goes thru your body and you can't do
anything but watch her. I was hugging her while she was on the potty
and then she started throwing up. I grabbed the trashcan in time and
filled that up. Kris came in and took off to Walmart to get medicine
and suppositories to help her out. I got another bucket from Grandma
and she just kept throwing up. Grandma made her some tea to calm her
down. Dad got home and we gave her the Zofran and helped her with the
bathroom duties.

After about 40 mins in the bathroom we were able to venture out to the
couch. She is being extra slow today and Grandma is taking good care of
her. Dad is out picking up prescription refills.

My question to everyone after all this was "Did I shower yesterday?"
Which in turn lightened up the mood a bit.

So before sunrise the entire house was running like a bunch of crazy
chickens. Haven is doing better and is working on her pictures and
cards again.

Until next week. We have 3 days in a row next week of medicine so
Mother's Day plans are on hold as she is sure to be sick thru the
weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Misty; let Haven know Candy is thinking about her. She is very brave; tell her I could not do what she is doing. I love her.
    I hope you and Kris are holding up well; I am concerned about the both of you also.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...