Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Another day in the hospital

Kris took Haven in to chemo today. She was not happy with me because I let them take her butterfly out last week and now she has to get another one.

We are very excited about her vitals today. She has lost another pound and we are down to 57!!!! Her blood pressure remains the same as it normally is at 110/67. Last week I missed her morning dose because I was waiting on the refill. Just one missed dose and we were back to 125/75. I’m so excited she’s losing weight while on steroids. My biggest fear of her gaining 20lbs and going on insulin is not going to happen!

She was funny last night in her sleep. Usually she is screaming and sitting up yelling. Last night around 4am she was singing in her sleep. What was she singing about – Grandpa B Honey and having gummy bears with him. She sings about the funniest stuff. Even when she asks for something she sings about it. I have NEVER heard her sing before all of this. She still has never cried with real tears or ever been hurt – which is kinda strange for a 4 year old. She tears up now when she gets excited so we know some emotions are starting to develop. I still get kinda weird when I think that she’s never cried. Even when she was a baby she rarely made a cry.

Anyway, there is some good news for the day. Rituximab is finished after today – we move on to her other chemo treatments. She has completed 6 doses of this and just when I got used to the side effects of this. I know today she will run a fever and be exhausted and sick. By 6pm she will be cold and a bit shakey and want to have someone near her at all times. The next round of chemo treatments I will have to relearn side effects.

1 comment:

  1. Haven I'm so sorry you are back at the hospital today; I thought you were finished for awhile. Grandpa B honey told me you were. I guess I cannot believe GPa-B:)
    You should be in Ohio and hear all of the jets flying over my house they are very loud. You are now singing in your sleep? I talk.
    You are a BRAVE little girl.
    Love all of you candy

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...