Saturday, May 3, 2008

Losing Hair

Well I have noticed over the past week that Haven's hair is thinning. I can tell when I put a pony in or clip it back. Her bangs are thinning first and it slowly seems to be following the part.

Tonight my parents took us to dinner in Glen Burnie so I had time to hang out with her in the back seat of the car. She kept complaining that her head was itching and she kept scratching it - driving me crazy. So I told her I would rub it and for her not to dig at it. I rubbed her hair for about 30 seconds or so before I moved my hand away. Only to have a handful of hair. It freaked me out so bad I quickly hid my hand so she couldn't see it.

I rubbed her head again and had another handful of hair. Now I'm just upset. I can't believe this. I show Kris my hand and of course he's upset about it. I feel so bad for her. I rubbed her head until she fell asleep. I was covered in hair by the time we reached the restaurant. I pulled it back in to a clip for her.

We got home and she brought one of the hats that Grandma Virginia gave to her to me. She wants to start wearing them because when she's in the sun it really hurts her hair. In the next week she will be slowly getting haircuts so she doesn't notice it too much at first.

My little baby.

1 comment:

  1. Misty; We both knew this would happen; I guess it is just had when reality sinks in:( I wish we all could be closer than 10 hours away. My thoughts were on Haven while we were in Tenn. I think it is great that everyone is sending her mail and WALMart cards. My mind is on her and Pete everday now.
    Love all Candy

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...