Monday, May 12, 2008

Mystery Solved

THANK YOU AUNT DOTTIE

She contacted Heavenly Hats for Haven and in her package came the beautiful purple bear and a big white bear.

Haven is doing well. We have a couple blisters still and one on her chest - she seems to be allergic to the tape they use to keep the needle in her port on multi day wearing. We're trying to get that healed up but with chemo things seem to take a lot longer than normal.

She (we) had a rough night last night. Not because of chemo or anything but because of the CRAZY storms in Maryland. It has rained every day since last Thursday and last night was the worst. Around 11:30 pm I thought we were having a tornado. We heard a huge crash outside and Haven woke up a bit freaked out (never really went back to sleep). I believe the winds had to be about 60 mph and the rain and thunder was ridiculous. The crash outside was the patio furniture being thrown against the bedroom wall where Haven was sleeping. This happened for a long time. I was ready to head down to the basement just in case.

I found this on the internet about the storms:

Wind gusts reached 50 mph in many parts of the state, and hurricane-strength gusts of 76 mph.

The foul weather also prevented the Coast Guard from resuming a search for a female passenger who fell overboard from a cruise ship northeast of Atlantic City, N.J., on Sunday night. The Norwegian Dawn was headed for Bermuda from New York City when the passenger fell.

Utilities reported more than 60,000 customers without power in New Jersey, 50,000 in Maryland, more than 23,000 in Delaware, 16,000 in Virginia and 4,500 in the District of Columbia. Power already had been restored to many of those customers by early afternoon.


I believe Kris was out in the rain until 3am putting bungie cords on the shed doors and zip tying everything to the deck. Stuff was blowing out in to the yard and it was everywhere. Haven slept with me and we kept her bears safe - they were scared.

When Haven and I got up around 5am everything that was on the deck was tied down. I even found stuff in the street when I left for work. So is this Spring in Maryland!?!

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Dottie was so nice to think of Heavenly Hat's I did not know about a place like that existed. I hope you made it through the storms ok.
    We have been having them also with a lot of wind; it scares me. My black dog will not sleep if he hears thunder so I have to be up with him. Haven I am allergic to the tape also. I had blisters.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...