Monday, April 20, 2009

Spare time.....

So I had about 20 minutes of spare time tonight!! Whoo hooo....I figured out how to do a slide show. You can see it to the right. I made a quick one to see if it worked and it did.

Haven's blood pressure was up pretty high (from her normal readings) today. I'm not sure what that is - could be the chemo or could be anything. We also have a couple of infected toes again. So we did a super soak and then put peroxide on them. Then I have to put her Altabax lotion all over them. But to be honest, I'd rather do this than have surgery on the toes. Pulmonary is concerned about Haven getting more anesthesia than necessary and most likely that will be highly noted in her files now - more than before.

I have been working on Haven's site. I'm going to update her story a bit more in the Haven Kristina section to the right. I have also put her slide show over there. It's in the best order I can do for being half asleep with one eye open! :)

Anyway, I just want to thank all the wonderful moms that write to me, comment on Haven's blog, or send me a message through facebook. I am very happy to have started this blog - 1 for Haven and 2 for the ability to help moms connect with each other.

I have a close friend mom hanging out in Europe who emailed to get info on another mom here in the states. I happened to have her info and knew about her daughter and was able to connect them. This is what I hoped would happen and it's great that everyone gives info to each other about their kids that may just help one of us in our quest for a treatment or even a proper diagnosis!

Love to all......I'm going to sleep now!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are connecting with other moms going through similar experiences. From everything my friend Jess has told me, it really helped her when her daughter Tuesday was sick, to know she wasn't alone.
    Continuing to keep sweet haven in my prayers and wanted to tell you that I am featuring Haven tomorrow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...