Friday, April 25, 2008

Update from the week

Grandma Virginia has been doing a great job with Haven this week. I just want to thank her – I know Haven is a bit more moody now with all the medication so it’s not an easy task. Plus she can’t really go anywhere due to our fear of germs! We’re talking about getting to a park or some shops in the antique district this weekend.

A few HUGE thank yous to send out as I am left speechless with all the help and support we have been receiving from people around the world – most of them we have never met or even talked to.

Aunt Jan and Uncle George Gnesda in CA – Thank you so much. They sent us $300 for Haven. Grandma Virginia went out and purchased a “bank” for all of Haven’s money as I am keeping it completely separate from our money. I want it to be for anything she needs – not general stuff we need. We sincerely appreciate it.

Shirley Anderson from St. George, UT – These are friends of Gpa Beardoff and Gma Sing. They sent Haven a beautiful light up statuette that is so adorable. She had it on all day yesterday. She was so excited about it.

Aunt Candy and Great Grandma Ohio – sent Haven a bunch of puzzles and an Ohio ball (pine cone). She thought it was so funny she had to tell Gpa and Gma B Honey next door that she got an Ohio ball. If you’ve read the story of the MD balls you’ll understand.

Sam and Pat from Little Rock, AR – we have never met them but they are good friends of Gma Virginia’s – who met them in Germany. Sam helped to start the Ronald McDonald house in Little Rock for the needy children there. I went outside around 8pm last night to find a box as big as me sitting on our porch. Haven opened it up and inside were 10 packs of diapers! AWESOME! We were beyond excited.

Christy Kelso – our good friend’s Mike and Tracy’s family – sent Haven a WalMart card and a beautiful picture of her with Scott (her grandson). We know Scott very well but have never met his Grandma.

Briggs – this little boy in Utah sent pictures to her when we first found out about her cancer. We just received some more pictures and a cute little note. Thank you Briggs – Haven is working on a picture for you.

Brown Dog – thank you Miss Brown. Haven loves getting pictures of you. Keep ‘em coming!

My co-workers – some of them are experts on low sodium foods as this is what they cook themselves. They have offered to make low sodium foods and freeze them to give to me for during the week.

It’s just amazing how many people think of her and love her but have NEVER met her. She’s an amazing girl and to be around her is so much fun. She is so smart I can’t believe it. She has been sending thank you cards each day to everyone that sends something to her. She is writing in them herself so we hope all of you enjoy.

Love to you all!
Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Misty I think I am just as excited as you are; I cannot believe all the help; I HOPE everything will be ok with Havey MRI's If not I will fall apart again. Two people in the family with Cancer is unreal. Pete's cancer cannot be cured he has less than 6's Months. His mother has outlived all her family being 92; Pete is 66 and only child.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...