Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Steroid Story

Last night between the hours of 2am and 4:30am Haven got sneaky! Kris checked her around 2am. I never heard her but for some reason I woke up at 4:30 am and freaked out. I even had to jump over to her bed (it’s about a foot from my bed) and feel around. She was missing. I took off down the hall and yelled for Kris. We found Haven. She was asleep on the couch with cartoons on. Next to her were: 5 banana peels, 7 jellos (stacked up), and 1 apple eaten to the core. She had eaten all of this within a 2 hour period. Since she looked happy sleeping on the couch I left her there. About 6am I hear – “Hello” “Anybody” … “Good Morning”. So she comes in to wake me up and I ask her why she ate all that food and if she was feeling sick. What does she say:

My doctor said I could eat those. Everything has no sodium and I ate the clear jello.

UUUGGGGG! I tried to explain that she can eat those but NOT all at once. It was funny but a big reminder to lock the bedroom door and lockdown all pantries and the refrigerator.

I'm so happy her dose goes to 1mg/kilo on Tuesday instead of 2mg/kilo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...