Monday, April 14, 2008

Something other than hospitals!

This weekend was nice on Saturday and I could hear the lawnmowers going. Haven kept me up most of the evening on Friday watching cartoons. I decided to get up and honestly - went insane. I couldn't let Haven outside due to the humidity and mowing so she was a little sad. I took her over to my parents and she hung out with my mom all day. I did lawn work for 5 1/2 hours!! I even helped my dad rake and mow his lawn. What was wrong with me? Well I actually used it as a therapeutic device and set the iPod on forever. I had a lot of fun until the very end when I realized I had blisters on my hands, cuts, scrapes, and beaten muscles.

Then Sunday my dad and I were up early and I decided I would plant flowers!!! If you know me you'd never know I'd be in to this much yard work. The weather was not as humid so I was able to let Haven out for a while with her mask on. She wanted to help with flowers so we got her some gloves and wearing her beautiful new mask her dad got her she bagged the grass that I dug up. She was tired and worn out after about 15 minutes. So again she hung out with my mom the rest of the day. I dug and dug and dug and planted and played in the dirt from 10am until 6:30pm. CRAZY!!!! This time my legs and knees were bruised.....my back was dead. They were laughing at me because I couldn't even stand straight.

I made a note to both my dad and Kris - imagine: Small woman out digging with a weird thing (has spikes on it) in the dirt for 6 hours and two grown men just standing there pointing and telling me where I missed. Kinda like slave labor! :) They worked hard tho but not as hard as me.

Kris washed all of the cars and set up the deck to make it Haven proof so she could actually go outside. It was sad to see her standing at the door watching us do the yard.

PS: Candy - we have 2 large 55 gallon trash bags full of Maryland balls for you. Haven said to send them all.....look for your package in the mail! :) Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...