Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Virginia's!

We traveled to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Virginia (near Roanoke) for my birthday weekend. On Saturday, Kris and I went out in search of nearby cities. We hit Roanoke first and spent a LONG time there. We got in to Roanoke around 10:30 am and didn't leave until around 4pm. I think we hit every store and I know Kris spent at least 1 1/2 hours at a bookstore. I stayed at the Fairy store down the street most of the time. He even found and bought some Moonshine Jam (yes it's made with alcohol). It hasn't been opened yet. Very cool area - not a place I could live tho.

We drove up the 311 (after getting lost in the housing area of Roanoke). Checked out a few places and pretty much just drove through the mountains. I was so car sick by the time we got back to the 460. This is a house off the 42 between New Castle and Newport. Honestly, I don't know how people live back here. No neighbors for at minimum 1/2 mile and definitely no Walmart close by! We didn't see a shop at all between New Castle and Newport and it took us 3 hours of fast driving to go between the two cities.

This was the cemetery between the two cities. Cool and creepy - considering nothing else was around it and the building in the back was a barn.

I received a text around 6pm that I wasn't allowed back at the house until 7pm! So, hhhhmmm. I found Starbucks. Sat down and got over my car sickness from the twisting mountain drive and had a nice frap! Came home to my beautiful girl in a new outfit Gma bought her and a decorated house. Haven made me a cake for my birthday and decorated my birthday bag. :) I was so happy to see her.

These two pictures are of what Haven and Grandma did all day (other than bake). They had a tea part with all of Haven's babies. Looks like they had a great time together. Poor Grandpa was sent on missions at the stores so at least he didn't have to endure too much girliness! :)


This was a great ending to a great day. I got a bunch of Starbucks gift cards and a bunch of Mochas for my drive home (which I drank the whole way since I drove the whole way back). The tub was ready for me. Candles, honeymilk bubbles, special soap and towel ready. Oh, best part, the tub has jet bubbles everywhere! I went to sleep very soon after.

Thank you Mom and Simon for a great relaxing weekend before the storm. I enjoyed myself. See you on April 20th!

1 comment:

  1. Mist; We are so proud of you for being so strong and Havey has her Mother's bravery. She is fantastic. I love her so much and thank you for continuing to keep every one up to date on her progress. I would do anything for Havey if it was needed. SHE IS AN ANGEL and A VERY SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL. LET HER KNOW THAT CANDY IS CHECKING THE BLOG EVERYDAY AMD WILL BE SENDING SPECIAL THINGS TO HER.
    LOVE YOU MIST; HAVEY AND KRIS.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...