Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 2....IVIG

This is her IVIG medication. 300mL and it takes 6 hours!

My girl before heading in to the doctor's office!

Pictures are of this morning. She now wears her mask when I drive
(construction areas can really make her sick) and when we get into the
hospital.

Today we arrived a bit earlier in hopes of getting out before 4pm,
unlike yesterday. Well it didn't help, we still left around 4pm.


She had a weird day today. They can tell her steroids are kicking in,
she's on a pretty high dose for the first 2 months and you can tell
after only 2 doses!


She passed out from 9am until noon and started spiking another temp.
She woke up and had some pretty bad dark circles around her eyes which
kinda shocked me after only 2 days of meds, we have a whole year! She
was very lethargic and tired and kinda mumbling words together.


We left again around 4pm and headed home. We were met with an accident
on the 95 that backed us up for 13 miles. Took 1 1/2 hours to get
home. That was too long for Haven. She was feeling pretty nauseous in
the parking garage and started screaming she couldn't breathe. I
believed she was having a panic attack and let her take the mask off for
a minute before we took off. She was pretty upset the whole drive and
feeling very sick. By the time we made it home my car was a mess!!
Lets just say she was not feeling well from either end.


Got her relaxed and loaded up with the rest of her at home medication
and put her to bed.


Til tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...