Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Help from everyone! :)

Another big thank you to send out – Namrita, Eddie, David, and Brian! Our race team pulled together and sent us a WalMart gift card for Online. :) We really appreciate it and we are overwhelmed with how everyone is coming together to help us anyway they can. I’m excited about this card because we need to get a blood pressure/heart monitor for Haven. I was using my grandma’s and my dad’s so it will be nice to have her own.

Namrita is my nutritionist too….she’s an expert and just recently received Georgia State University Graduate Student of the Year! I’m going to her for some low salt, low cal food ideas. Haven loves Escargot and Sardines……and those have just been wiped off the list of foods to eat. I honestly have never really paid attention to sodium – but a low fat, low cal hotdog made from turkey has 460mg of sodium!!! Lately Haven has been living off many different ways to eat Tofu and steamed veggies that are not salted. Oh, and I thought, what a great idea – I’ll give her some chicken soup because that makes you feel better…..AAAAAHHHHH…..it’s full of sodium. What can this kid eat? I would have the hardest time on this diet, I need my salt more than I ever need sweet.

Now I’m rambling –

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...