Friday, April 4, 2008

April 4th Doctor Update

Haven always does her own port cleanings. Needed the nurses help this time. It was a little hard to push in.

She even draws her own blood....I have a hard time even watching.

Well we are driving into Roanoke right now. I set blogger up to post
from my phone. No, I'm not driving and emailing, although that wouldn't
surprise some of you. We had a big day today and it was long.

Haven will start chemo next Tuesday at 9am. We have 4 days of
medication next week at 9am every morning. Rituxin on Tues, IVIG on Wed
and Thurs, and Cytoxin on Friday. Each will take about 5 hours to
administer. On top of that we have 3 new medications to take at home.
Prednisone 2x day, Zantac 2x day, and Bactrim 2x a day on Fridays,
Saturdays, and Sundays only. Then her normal Amlodipine 2x day.


After the first week, she will have her Rituxin and IVIG treatments
every week on Tuesday and Wednesday for the next year. On every 4th
week we will add the actual Cytoxin on Thursdays.


We are exhausted and I've had a migraine since leaving the hospital.
Every time I go I get one, so next week I'll probably be one big
migraine.


I added a couple pictures of her taking her blood from her port today.
She's so good at that.


I will write more soon as to what we have to do to prepare her, us, our
house and anyone visiting her.


But this weekend we're going to try to have fun.


Love to all
Misty

1 comment:

  1. haven i love you so much! i so wish i could be there with you!! anna

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...