Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Is it bed time yet?

Oh I’m tired. I believe I passed out around 10:30pm last night – can’t remember. I woke up with Haven standing next to me asking me for a diaper. It was 2:30am and after getting her changed she got in bed with me. Then she decided it was morning time and thought she should have breakfast and color. I almost went insane. She never fell asleep but she did finally let me sleep. I woke up intermittently throughout the night and she was watching a Barbie cartoon over and over. She knows how to work the DVD remote so she could fast forward and play her favorite parts over and over again. I enjoyed a small nap in the car today while at work.

Needless to say – I don’t like the steroids. My child is hungry 24 hours a day and it wakes her up at night and she begs for food. Then she doesn’t sleep at all which means I don’t sleep. Her attitude is more aggressive – as if I needed more of that. Poor grandma has been dealing with it all day today. Sent me a text that Haven is refusing to wear her eye patch and is just being stubborn about everything. Then I can’t really get mad at her or anything because I know it’s her medication and lack of real sleep that is changing her.

Haven has lost 2 pounds – which I congratulate her father on. He has been extremely strict on the no sodium diet with grilled tofu and grilled eggplant dinners and it has helped her tremendously. I have never been able to say Haven has lost weight. So I gave him about 5 minutes of bragging time at the hospital and then stopped that pretty quick! We’ve had a few arguments about the no sodium but now that I see something good come of it I will stop arguing about it.

Hope everyone is doing well in their part of the world…..we continue to keep moving forward with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...