Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Well I have been working hard to get Haven more active. She just seems depressed and a little lonely since not being able to go to school. So this past weekend Kris and I decided she needed to get out. While out we stopped at a game store and she played a game for about 30 minutes. Just had a ball. So with the money my mom had given to us Kris decided to buy a Wii for her. She played it for 6 hours straight on Saturday. She wore herself out. This is one of the most active days she had. Below is a video of her boxing.



Absolutely adorable. I had so much fun watching her play. She's awesome at bowling too. Then Kris found a game on the computer that she has been kickin' butt at. She's been playing Kung Fu Panda Mah Jong. I couldn't figure it out but she has been crazy about it. Kris took his computer to the hospital today so she could get online and play while getting her chemo.

This is a picture of her after playing Wii for about 6 hours. She fell asleep around 10:30 pm holding the controller.

I was also able to finally get her outside to help me water the flowers that she planted. We are now tapering on the steroids and she's slowly starting to get more energy and wanting to do things. So I'm always excited when she wants to come out and help me with the yard. She calls this attire: Buns Out! Which means she has decided it's too hot to wear shorts!


Of course, she loves to build things with her dad. She loves to work on the his bike, but we don't let her around them anymore. So when dad had an ark to build she was right there. It's actually a book shelf but looks like a boat the way he's sitting in it.

She's had a bit of an issue with sleep lately - she just can't fall asleep. Tonight she asked if she could sleep in the bed with me. So of course I let her. Tomorrow she and I will be at JH receiving this week's 2nd dose of chemo. I had plans to go to Ohio this weekend but forgot it was a chemo week, so I have canceled those and we will just hang out and relax.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha - I just got my highest score the other night - 188!!!! Even took a pic of the TV screen!

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...