Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HUGE THANK YOU

This is a personal thank you from me to the Riverside Johns Hopkins office. I have not been feeling well for over 4 weeks now. And as my family knows I'm too stubborn to go to a doctor to see what's wrong. I think the last time I went to a general doctor was about 10 years ago! :)

I finally called (after being coerced by Emily) last week. I was in a lot of pain last week and so dizzy I couldn't sit at my chair at work. So I called and being a new patient the soonest I could get in to the doctor was July 29th! I started laughing at the nurse. I don't think she thought it was funny. So I told her I've already been sick for over 4 weeks and I can't wait any longer. I gave her the list of my complaints and she said she could get me in to see an intern on July 7th. Well that was still about 11 days away.

I felt so bad or I never would've done this - but I sent a desperate email to Miss Dawn (Haven's nurse) and begged her to help me get in to see a doctor sooner. She called me yesterday and told me that she and Miss Peggy were working on it. Then today around 11:30 am she called and had an appointment for me at 1:30!!!! YEAH - THANK YOU.

Honestly, it was the longest doctor visit I've ever had. I've never had a more thorough check up in my life. The doctor was great and he actually listened to me. Even though I almost started crying telling him! After being checked for 1 1/2 hours I noted that he was sitting there scratching his head thinking.

I asked him - so am I crazy? He looked at me and said: "No, just complicated". HA - as if I haven't been told that before.

Anyway, EVERYONE can stop calling and telling me I'm pregnant. That test was negativo. Next we did a bunch of blood work. I won't say much because I know my aunt will panic and I'll get crazy emails but I did call her immediately after the doctor. He says it's more than just sugar elevations. He's checking my thyroid, liver, kidneys, and diabetes. I also have 3 MRI's scheduled for me. He will be checking the brain, cervical spine, and lumbar spine. He said he's checking other things too but didn't want to get in to those as they are less likely to be the cause. He said if it was just headaches or just my left arm going numb it would be easy. But since everything I'm complaining about links together he will have to work on it.

Plus side - I got meds for my headaches. He said they are more of a narcotic! SUPER...maybe I'll get some good sleep! :) Negative side - I had to get a poke. Miss Dawn was there to do my poke. I had to call Haven and tell her. She was making fun of me cuz I don't have a port. I hate needles and get very nervous about blood being taken. So Miss Peggy joined us and we compared the pain of tattoos and how I could possibly be scared of needles if I have tattoos. IT'S DIFFERENT! :) Then I got to text Kris and tell him it's real and I'm not faking! He says both Haven and I are faking it so we can drive him crazy! :)

Anyway, I love Miss Dawn and Miss Peggy for helping me out and working to get me in. I really appreciate it. See you in two weeks!

More to come tonight - I have a lot of stuff to post on Haven. Love to all - M

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping to see Havey; happy you went to Doc. I TOLD REMEMBER I SAID YOU WERE NOT PREG. you told me that diabeties was not a factor.
    Keep us informed about Haven; I checked for pictures maybe too soon.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...