Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quick update

HI

Since I can absolutely guarantee that I will have a most excruciating headache again tonight (for the 3rd night in a row!) I figure I better post early. I've been in bed by 7pm lately and just can't even look at a computer.

Haven is doing pretty well. We're still waiting for results from the scan last Friday. I have put a call in to her doctor and should hear back. They are usually pretty good when I page them. Right now we are dealing with the blisters in the mouth again. We bought some bubble gum flavored Orajel or something like that. Kris picked it out - I can't remember.

Haven's pottying is AWESOME! She pretty much goes to the potty all the time now and by herself. This is HUGE! She really wants to go back to school and we're working hard on it. Lots of homeschooling right now. Kris works with her a lot.

We received a phone call that Shannon was in a huge accident this past weekend and will be out for 6 weeks. Luckily, Kris' dad was already on it and had an interview set up yesterday for Kris and Haven to meet Lauren. At first I think Kris was hesitant when he met Lauren. She's in her early 20's and he was worried she might not be able to handle Haven. But I guess Lauren hung out for about 2 hours yesterday and talked with Kris and played with Haven. Everyone seems to get along and both Kris and Haven really like her. Haven wants her over every day....but we're going to see about 3 days a week if possible. She also owns some goats and invited them to come see the goats - which is just freaking Haven out. I'm hoping to have Lauren start this week. I know Kris' dad is working hard on this - THANK YOU! We're doing background check and reference checks now. I just want Haven happy.

Thank you to my grandma as well. She sent Haven some beautiful clothes and some pop up books. Ooohh, I got a check too! Not sure what I'll buy..maybe a back massager! Grandma sent a weird car part in the box too. Haven, of course, tears through everything before I can see it and she didn't know what it was. We were laughing cuz we thought grandma had finally lost it and was just sending random things laying around the house. But I now know it's for my dad!

Miss Dawn and the gang sent Haven her weekly arts and crafts! Thank you everyone. Guess I'll be seeing you guys this afternoon when I'm in the office. Haven absolutely loves getting the packages from you guys. Maybe I can bring her by there really soon.

OH GRAM/CANDY - guess what - remember the black snake in the tree. Well Dad and Omma were watching Haven on Saturday for us and when I went to get her I heard all about another snake IN THE HOUSE! Yep it was in the house - in the dining room! You sure you don't want to visit? Ha ha! Love ya

Thanks to everyone - Haven received cards and gifts from Shirley Anderson and a couple girls from the school in St. George. She's been working on thank you cards back to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...