Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy week

Well we've had a pretty busy week. I figured now that I've taken on 3 jobs I'll probably do a weekly update on Sunday unless something crazy happens during the week with doctors or something.

We do have the scan of Haven's back next week. I have to change it from Wednesday to another day. Kris is taking a class that is on Wednesday. I'll update once I change that date.

I've been hanging out with Haven a lot this week during the evenings. It's been a lot of fun. Dad has been playing with her all day every day.

Last post I mentioned we were going to start the potty stuff. IT HAS WORKED! She pottys by herself about 90% of the time. She picks a gummy worm or bear....now has Pez as a choice thanks to Miss Dawn. It's awesome what a little motivation can do. She really wants to go to school next year and is trying hard to get there. Yeah Haven!!!

I have some pictures.

Yes...we had a beautiful black snake in the back yard. It was maybe 5 feet long and pretty round. This is my dad's tree that overhangs to my yard! I called my mom to tell her to NOT go around the back to get in the house...to go to the front door. She went to Kris to let her in the house. My grandma would love this guy!


This is called a "Peanut Butter Buddy". Haven created it for dinner. It's a sandwich that is 1st sprayed with butter, PB&J is then added, next is a layer of low sodium crackers, then the sandwich is grilled. She and dad have been eating these.


These are some gifts from the Nurses at Haven's Pediatric office. Miss Dawn gathered up the group and sent haven some Pez (perfect for potty time), a cute leopard (now named Brown and White - perfect), and some painting stuff. She painted all day Saturday. Check out her face above. You may not notice but I do. I can finally see her nose. There have been days that she hasn't had a nose at all - because of the steroids. She's slowly starting to get back to her.



This little guy marks Groundhog #5!!! Yes we've had 5 groundhogs. Haven says they come because they love her AND they have a couch, TV, and remote under the shed. GREAT!

Saturday was rough...I think we went to lunch and that's about it. I was outside mowing all 4 lawns and came in to get a drink and found this! These two were playing Mah Jong....next thing I know they are passed out.


A few videos of the week:


I really tried to play Mah Jong. Actually, Haven said I could and that she would just show me how to do it. After about 2 minutes she realized I was playing and that's when it all started!



This was taken around 1am last Thursday evening. My meds don't let me sleep - they wire me so bad that I've been up until 2:30 am during the week and back up at 6am to go to work! Haven wanted to sleep on the couch while I watched TV. She started talking a lot so I grabbed the camera. This was a conversation she was having with Gpa B Honey. She's talking about something downstairs that he wants but she is telling him he can stay upstairs if he doesn't want to go downstairs.



We have been working hard the last couple weeks with Haven on her letters. She was tracing them in the workbooks at first, then we moved on to the dots of the letters, now she can write them on her own. She just needs to look at a picture of one and then she does it. AWESOME! She will be ready for Kindergarten. Kris wants to start homeschooling her now. So I've been checking out more and more workbooks. She is on Kindergarten and first grade books right now. We've even started on Phonics.

2 comments:

  1. Finally made it to the computer. Haven I love the video's. Yes G-Gma would not stay if she had seen that snake I would have left also.
    I hope you can go to school next year; that would be great. Mommy is doing too MUCH; Gpa Honey or daddy should do the grass! He does have a riding mower? GREAT ON POTTY TIME KEEP IT UP. I am so happy I can see her nose also I was getting worried. Haven YUK on the sandwich! Miss Dawn must really like you it's nice to receive gifts. Love Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her dad does everything else. I like to do the yard. He does have a riding mower but seriously...the exercise is good and the yard is not that big. To do all 4 yards takes me about 1 1/2 hours.

    She's doing excellent on the potty. We're very proud of her.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...