Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getting Haven Active

Well....we were going to try yesterday to get her out but she had such an upset stomach and it was hot that we only took her to Michael's and got a few crafts.

She walked the big hill and went all the way to the open field

Today we took her out hiking. She hasn't been hiking since last October with me and my parents. So this was a good day. She walked the entire way through the trails and we looked at butterflies and dragonflies. They were all over the place. Her favorite was the caterpillar. She and dad had a great time with the caterpillar.

The Caterpillar - she wanted to bring him home

Butterflies were everywhere.....Of course I chased them down


A beautiful dragonfly..My favorite and this is the first time I've ever gotten a good picture of one

Then we took her back to Michaels (they are having a very good sale on kids crafts). We bought some sand art and some stepping stones. She helped her dad paint and all in all it was a good day. Plus the weather is pretty decent today.


Dad and Haven painting

I do have to say - eating 25 or so cookies only made her feel a little sick. I was surprised that she wasn't worse off. At midnight Kris and I were still up on the computers and she came out saying she couldn't sleep. So we had a little party. She came out and she just played and played until 1am. She never slept or crashed the entire day. So I know now that a bunch of cookies will keep my daughter awake from 6am until 1am and back up by 7am the next morning!

Haven and I doing the stepping stones for the garden

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Love to all

1 comment:

  1. Haven; good for you for taking a hike; I cannot get around the block. The area looked very nice and peaceful.
    Found a year book:) someone did not like spending Easter at my house:) You know I also did not want to be there. Haven keep in touch; I know you have more Hospital stuff next week; I wish it was over. G-G hurt her back and now has a hard time walking.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...