Tuesday, April 3, 2012

L&D --- great experience so far

So already having to visit this unexpectedly a few months early I am very happy with the accommodations and nurses.  Although it did take us two days to figure out how to get Kris in the door without fighting a nurse to do it.  They have a secret code you're supposed to say at the door.....I was too drugged up after surgery to know there was a code! :)  Now we understand for next time..................

I am happy that this hospital has a great NICU, works with high risk pregnancies....and works with surgeries while pregnant! 

Nice size delivery rooms.....Dad and siblings can come in before the whole breathing and pushing process starts.  Something that wasn't allowed on my last delivery. So I am very excited about that...although we'll need grandma and grandpa close by because Rohnin did not like when I was in the hospital this last time...but it could've been all the tubes on me.  Family can visit and be at bedside....we were limited to two visitors before.  Just remember...if you are visiting you have to get the security code or they won't let you in....(note to grandma and grandpa not to let us forget!)


Not sure how the jacuzzi tubs work...but would be fun to try!  I get the epidural at around 5 - 6 cm...and you definitely can't be jumping in a tub. 

I love that the baby rooms in with you - not sure if hospitals take the baby anymore but I like this.  Especially since I breast feed...I wouldn't want to have to call them to bring the baby in each time. 

They have an online nursery for friends and family with photo services...Haven had this when she was born but Rohnin did not.  So this is cool.

Not to mention I've already tried the food and it's super yummy...plus dad gets a free meal for all his work during delivery! 

PS.....I'm sneaking a few dabs of port cream on my hand and wrist since this is where they love to put IV's.  The IV is as bad as pushing the baby out to me!

Many of you have asked what names we are looking at for our boy....Well this is something that Kris and I usually don't finalize until we see the baby.  We currently have a list of about 50 names (not joking)...we've gone through many of them and marked them off.  We try each set of names out for a day or two and then decide if it flows with the last name.  As of now I think we've narrowed it down to about 10 names but the final decision will not be made until we are forced to sign a birth certificate!  :) 

Anyway, we are seriously counting down the days to delivery....June will be a very exciting month.  Currently our boy is due on my Grandpa's birthday making that a super special day and my hope is that he actually comes on that day.  I already have 5 family members birthdays in June.....so here comes #6!!!!




1 comment:

  1. The room looks fantastic. It will good to have family with you. I also hope baby comes on Grandpa's BD it would be so special

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...