Thursday, June 25, 2009

Haven's Wheel Chair.....finished!

Her chair is complete and ready for her trip to surgery tomorrow. Painted Metallic purple with lavendar accents. The fabric is butterflies and flowers for the cushion. She really likes it now and is excited to show it off to her nurses.

Thank you to everyone for all of the emails this week. I probably received over 60 emails in the past 2 days wishing prayers and thoughts for Miss Haven. I am truly sorry I have not responded to probably more than two of them but under the circumstances I'm sure you can understand. I have been very quiet. This is the most serious and scariest thing we have ever had to do. I can't even describe the feeling in words.

I have to apologize to one of my bestest friends - Julie - I just haven't even really talked to her in over two weeks since finding out about Haven's treatments. I've just kept quiet. I have to thank her and Maureen for telling Haven's story on their web sites when their children have the same rare syndrome as my baby. I love you both. Julie I will call you tomorrow after surgery!!! Promise!

I also have to thank too many people in this world. Dad and Jeannie for the family love quilt/bringing Lauren in to Haven's life/visiting Haven a couple of months ago/and helping us mentally get through this. My mom and dad for helping care for Haven/buying 23 packages of diapers and totally realizing the cost of these things/making sure she has clothes that fit her. Mom and Simon for coming out every couple of months and staying for weeks at a time to help care for her/play with her/do workbooks with her. All of my family for keeping up with her medically and sending everything they can to make her smile. Aunt Dottie for her friend that makes all the custom fit clothes for Haven. All our friends and people we don't know that constantly send Haven cards/workbooks/crafts. My company...they have been so understanding of all of Haven's medical issues and have helped where they can and have given me so much support over the past 2 years.

There are just so many more people that write/email/call about Haven than I could ever thank. I only ask now if you could take 30 seconds of your day tomorrow and think of Haven so that she can make it through her 5th surgery in a year/massive chemotherapy treatment/5 months of isolation/and a huge welcome home by Thanksgiving.

All our love
M & K

4 comments:

  1. we will be thinking and praying for you guys tomorrow and through the coming months.
    Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wheelchair Haven. Your Daddy did an awesome job. Know I am praying for your family. I wish I had better words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic ride Haven!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wheelchair is so pretty...who would of thought you could make it so fun :) Misty and Kris just want you to know Mike and I are thinking of you, and how strong you both have been and continue to be. Haven, you have a guardian Angel looking over you today.
    (((Hugs)))
    ~Hayley

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...