Monday, March 23, 2009

Chemo Plan

Friday Kris and I met with Haven's Oncologist and discussed the Neuroblastoma Cancer and that they will keep a watch on the tumor and monitor that. We also discussed ROHHAD and Haven's current condition.

We have seen some positive results over the past 2 weeks with the Rituximab. She has been going potty by herself and she has been sleeping....or at least she did for a week. Since Friday's dose of Rituxan she has not slept. I really hope this evening is much better.

We also learned that she will be on her current chemo plan for about the next year. They will reevaluate in 6 months and continue on for another 6 months after that. So we are looking at hopefully going off the chemo this time next year.

Haven's Oncologist also gave me a bit of homework - which I haven't started yet. There are a few questions we need to ask some of the other moms to maybe come up with another theory and may require more testing for Haven.

As for now Haven remains under the care of Oncology (as she will for a long time), Pulmonary, Endocrine, and her Pediatrician.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...