Haven started her first dose of this other chemo last Friday. By Saturday, there is an infection in her big toe on the left foot. By Sunday morning, there are three more toes on the right foot that are infected.
By infected - I mean green, gooey, swollen.
By Sunday afternoon her big toe on her right foot is cracked open and bleeding. The bleeding has continued and during chemo yesterday at the hospital it was bleeding again.
She had 3 doctors look at her feet yesterday and the decision was made that she needs surgery on the toes.
Haven has less than a month to do this surgery because at that point her immune system will be gone and the risk increases significantly.
Considering that we already have surgery scheduled for her eyes on March 26th this only leaves me with next week available. Haven has an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday, March 17th and hopefully we can get the surgery done next week.
Making it two surgeries in two weeks. If we're hard to reach over the next few weeks you will know why.