Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update

Well Miss Haven had chemo last week and as usual it takes about 3 days before it hits her. It was about last Friday night that she started to feel sick again and have lots of night sweats. No fevers - we check her constantly after chemo days.

I was going to take her out for the weekend with the family but with the constant rain (downpours) I decided it would be best to keep her indoors, especially when she's not at her strongest.

Sunday Haven asked me for a pretty bandaid because she wanted to make her toes pretty. Hmmm....but she didn't want me or her dad to see them. Ok.....I know she likes her privacy now and doesn't want to show us everything. But when it comes to the toes I need to see. I took off the bandaid and much to my disappointment - another infection!

Her foot was pretty swollen and the toe had more green stuff coming out. Kris cleaned her toe and worked on it for a while then we soaked it in her foot bath.

Monday morning Kris called me at work saying her toe was discolored and still more green stuff coming out. So this means we need to pack up for Johns Hopkins. I called her nurse and probably argued more than I should have but I didn't want to have to bring her all the way down to Johns Hopkins. I got her nurse to agree that we could go to her pediatrician's office (which is a JH satellite office) and they would get the results from them. Within 30 minutes the ped's office called me back (our appt was going to be Tues at 1:15) and said they could get me in immediately.

I called Kris ASAP and he said they were already there. YEAH! Haven was terrified she was going to get a poke and stressed herself out. But no poke.

She got to see Miss Dawn, Peggy, and all of the other nurses. She called me after she left telling me how much they loved her and she got hugs and stuffed animal and stickers and papers to color. THANK YOU RIVERSIDE! She was overly excited and showed everything to her Grandpa when he came home.

It is now Wednesday and my brother has left to go back to Iraq. Lauren came over today to hang out with Haven. She really likes when Lauren comes over. Leah is a nurse that comes over as well. Thanks UT Grandparents for that. Haven looks forward to it every week. She picks out a pretty dress, does her hair and her nails, and today Kris said she made him look all over the house for a specific necklace that she wanted to wear.

I have lots more pictures to put up - I've just been recooperating from my brother's visit. It was a lot of late nights and early mornings to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...