Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sister Connection???

I don't know if Haven knows anything is going on - we try to keep it simple for her and only tell her what we think she will understand and when she absolutely needs it. But what made me sad the other day was a conversation we had.

Haven asked out of no where - while driving to Ohio.

Haven: Mom, will I ever see Kendall again?
Me: I'm sure you will baby
Haven: No, I mean, will she ever get to come to my house again?
Me: I'm sure you will see her.
Haven: I miss her and I want to see her. I can go to her house.
Me: I promise you will see her again. Ask your dad and I'm sure he will ask if she can come see you.
Haven: ok. Maybe I can text her.

Then the funny thing is a few minutes later I get a text from Kendall. It was almost like a connection there. I sent a text to Kris letting him know she had contacted me. He said he'd been texting with her all night. So I wrote back. Kendall told me she'd like to fly out this Summer. I told Haven and she was so excited. She wanted to know how Kendall knew to text me. I have no idea but it was very nice.

Once I have the schedule of her medicine and we know how she will be able to handle it I think the best thing to help her would be to see her sister again. It's been since Christmas and they used to see each other all the time.

Haven told me tonight that I have to teach her how to text and she needs her own Sidekick phone.

1 comment:

  1. hi misty and haven! its anna from tustin preschool. my prayers are always with haven shes so cute...once she learns to txt she can txt me on my sidekick anytime! xoxo..love you haven! anna

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...