Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Doctor update 3-25-08

Hi Everyone

We finally received a phone call from Haven’s doctors regarding her status and treatments. They have been researching and working with doctors across the country for the past few weeks. Haven has not progressed forward as we had hoped and has actually regressed back to the old way. We had 3 weeks of perfect sleep, sweetness, refusing of food and then now we’re back to where we were.

We have an appointment on April 4th and 9:30am to discuss treatment and schedule and will begin soon after. They will shut down her immune system and start the steroids first and then move in to the chemo. The entire treatment is scheduled to last for 1 year. We will also be discussing the next MRI due in May. This will tell us if there is another tumor growing or if it has stopped.

I will be sure to let everyone know the outcome of the April 4th appointment.

Haven and I will be traveling to Ohio this weekend (28-30) to visit family there and to take Great Grandma back home. Then we will travel to Virginia on the weekend of April 4 – 6 to visit her grandparents there.

Love to all
Misty

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! Haven looks beautiful!! As always you all are in our good thoughts!! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to hold you and tell you it will be all right. My heart hurts so much for you, Chris, and especially Haven. I might not show it much since I pretty much keep emotions in check; I think as a protection mechanism, but you all are so much in my thoughts. I just wish there was something I can do. Does she need bone marrow transplants? I remember Candy brought that up. If she does, I'm there. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - I look forward to coming home Saturday and seeing everyone. Haven is so excited to go on a trip. We took her to Chuck E Cheese tonight - not sure if she had more fun than Gram and I but she had a blast. No bone marrow needed yet...if it is I'll be taking donations! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...