Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gettysburg with Gma and Gpa

In July (not on the reenactment weekend) we headed to Gettysburg with Grandma and Grandpa.  I have probably been to Gburg 5 billion times in my life - only half the amount of times my mom and dad have been there.  I still love it and am happy to be able to share it with the girls.

We went to a state park near Gettysburg, but still in Maryland.  I can't remember the name now.  But it had vultures and owls and a cool inside museum.  My mom is showing Haven her owl wing span here! :)

Rohnin - not a fan of stuffed turkeys!

 Haven hanging out at an old kitchen set up

 The best restaurant in Gettysburg - The Dobbin Inn.....amazing bread and cool atmosphere!


 My mom and Haven checking the menu for lunch items!

My girl forcing a smile for me as she didn't want to take the picture because people were watching!

 Hanging at the Jenny Wade house.  Haven really loved learning about her.


Little Round Top....one of my favorite areas of the park...and Devil's Den!  But on the other side of the top of the hill was the magnificent Chamberlain.  My dad can't even deny he was awesome!  If you get the chance to visit here you have to go!

So how many of you have been to Gettysburg?  Done one of the ghost tours? Walk the cemetery late late at night? Pretended to do Pickett's Charge and run the entire length of the field to the Angle?







No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...