Friday, March 16, 2012

Alaska Beauty Queen helping in Childhood Cancer Research

Honestly you hear A LOT about people doing stuff for cancer research.  Breast Cancer ribbons are on just about EVERYTHING you can imagine.  It's almost used so much that no one pays attention anymore.  But about as rare as childhood cancer seems to be is as rare as you hear about someone doing a cause for it.  So I am to post a wonderful story I read this morning about an Alaska beauty pageant winner helping in childhood cancer research.


A few years ago I met an Alaska beauty pageant winner - Aleah Scheick (photo above from her beautiful wedding) -  we have been amazing friends since.  After winning she was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.



I would like to say thank you to Miss Alaska's Debbe Ebben (photo above) for shaving her head and raising money and awareness for childhood cancer! 

Miss Alaska Shaves Head for Childhood Cancer





No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...