Thursday, February 11, 2021

Our new fur baby - Remington

 Oh...2020. What we didn't know on New Year's Eve of 2019!


In January I was still traveling. Our team went to Denver for the Outdoor Retailer show. Then the first week of February we went to Magic in Las Vegas.  Life was still normal. The second week of February I had a full hysterectomy. With cancer genes running pretty strong in the female line of my immediate family and my history of endometriosis and fibroid it was best to eliminate the unnecessary!

Somehow I was able to get my hubby to agree to let me have a new puppy. Of course we only stick to one type of dog...terrier.  Not shedding is a requirement. Luckily we found Remington. 










We waited until May to get his first haircut. 


He joined our family so easy. He just fell into the groove.



On August 19th I was at the hospital with Haven getting her IVIG treatment when I realized my phone was turned off. Kris had called five times. So I called him back and he was in a panic at the vet. Remington had done something- still not sure what - and broke his arm. 


Like really broke it. By the time I got home he was back and wrapped up in a cast. 


We took such good care of that arm for about 5 weeks. When we thought he was getting the cast off and would be going again.  We were wrong. The vet came in and showed us his unwrapped arm.  The bone was working its way through his skin and almost exposed. He had to have the arm amputated. I was beyond devastated. 


Well. We were sure how he'd learn to walk or potty. Potty time was the hardest. After a couple of days helping him he was really wanting to do it himself. 


Now he's just a normal, crazy, playful pup. He had his first birthday last weekend. He enjoyed smoked boar for dinner and some yummy treats and toys. 


To say he's spoiled would be an understatement because he still gets handfed. He's amazing. 

Happy first birthday Remington!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...