Friday, February 12, 2021

Chickens Chickens Chickens

 COVID-19 made 2020 almost unbearable.   Almost. 

Remington came to live with us right before my birthday. 


My niece was born!  Isn't she a beauty. 

Then...I became a chicken mom.  Seriously. No one would have ever thought I'd love and snuggle chickens. Not even me. I was terrified of them when we first got them. No clue what we were doing. 

We went to Cal Ranch for dog food and bam...I suddenly have 6 baby chicks. We talked with the guy at Cal Ranch for a very long time. I wanted nice chickens. I got two Sapphire Gems, two Americaunas, and two Buff Orpingtons. 



Their feet were so creepy to me.   The kids took constant care of them while we had to work to keep Bella away. 


Finally after living in the basement for about two months they were ready to move to the big house!


We got our first eggs!  Sunny lays the absolute biggest eggs. 

Sadly we lost Cheeks shortly after. She flew over the 4 ft fence right in front of Bella. We were driving back from Moab and Haven was home alone. 


The only photo I have of Cheeks. 

Now I'm almost one year in on raising these chickens. Learning as much as I can. I finally after 45 years have a true hobby I love. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...