Monday, February 17, 2014

Ear Infections!!!!

My little boy has endured 10 ear infections in 6 months.  So immediately following my latest trip to Asia he was scheduled for ear tube surgery.  This leaves only one Fowler (including dog) that hasn't had surgery in this family.  Haven still reigns supreme on number of surgeries received.

As explained by the doctor.  The reason babies have so many ear infections is because the Eustachian tube lays flat instead of angled down like in an adult.  This causes the fluid to not drain properly.
The tubes are small and are put into the ear drum.  They will eventual push themselves out.  


I have to say….if I had known that putting these tubes in would stop by son from vomiting 3 - 4 times a day and having constant fevers of 102 or higher I would've done it a lot sooner. He has been such a different little boy.  He doesn't moan the halls at home crying and whining….he actually smiles and plays.  It's insane the difference.  

I have to say ---- DON'T WAIT UNTIL 10 INFECTIONS!!!  Get the child some relief sooner - you'll get to sleep much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...