Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pediatric Oncology

If you've never had to go in to a Pediatric Oncology room or visit a floor you should count your lucky stars.  It's one of the worst places we have been in for the past 6 years.  You meet children and you play games and crafts with them and then the next time you visit you find out they didn't make it.  Or you see a newborn or a 6 month old baby receiving chemo and it just breaks your heart.  WHY?

Just very very sad.

Today they had a party for a little girl who was receiving her last dose of chemo and she got to ring the bell.  I was so happy for her and her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...