Monday, August 23, 2010

Our Ohio Visit!

One last vacation before Haven headed back to school. I decided we'd join my dad and head to Ohio - leaving Dad and Deezy at home.

Haven is excellent in a car. We packed a bag of crafts for her to do on the drive. She is so good on long drives...mom on the other hand was not! The entire drive I was planning my visit to urgent care! As soon as we arrived to my grandma's I had my aunt take me! I pretty much slept the entire weekend but managed to get a few pictures and did see one of my BFFs from college.

And this is the adorable Chita. She is so sweet and not yippy or snappy like most chihuahuas. I believe her bone is bigger than she is! Haven had a lot of fun with her.

One of Haven's favorite times out - the grocery store! She found a cart that was her size and pushed it around everywhere. I was terrified for any one or thing in front of her!

Pretty much where Chita stayed if Gpa was sitting.

Saturday was a big day. Everyone decided we'd go to this huge Antique place. Haven had a blast - she loves antiques and taught grandpa a little bit about looking at details of the items and checking out each dish. Then she found out they were doing an auction in the back.....she wanted to go so bad. She is holding her auction paper in her hand. I slept in the car for most of this visit....

Chita really wanted to trade Haven stuffed animals....she kept trying to give Haven one of hers in exchange for Haven's Monkey from camp. So while we were out getting dinner we decided Gpa needed to use his skills and win Chita a toy.

Only 2 tries later and wha la.....Chita has a brand new toy.

If you look closely on Haven's shirt you will see her antique pin she got at the antique place....it is two schnauzers - one with floppy ears and the other with pointed ears.


Next big outing was the mall and hitting Build-A-Bear.

Here is Miss Haven giving her bear a bath.

Well I was very sick for the entire visit - which was horrible since I haven't been home in 3 years. But Haven still had a great time and after another long week of hospitals and doctors I'm finally able to function. Very happy to see family after so long. Love you all!

Thanks to Stephy for coming to visit even though I was dying and bringing Miss Haven a gift.

Miss Haven is in chemo today at Hopkins. She was really overdue and we'd been trying to push it as long as we could. She will be very tired today and tomorrow.

She starts 1st grade next Monday - we get to meet her teacher on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Haven & Misty,

    Haven, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Ohio. I loved the pictures of you. I think my favorite is the one where you are bathing the teddy bear.


    Misty, I'm sorry that you were still not feeling well during the trip, but glad that you got to see your best friend from college.

    Bye for now!

    With love & prayers,

    Wylene

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...