Monday, May 31, 2010

Ready for Graduation

We had a great long weekend. I got off work at 2pm on Friday and rushed home! Slept from 3 - 5pm with Miss Haven and Deezy....then I don't know what we did which was even more awesome.

Haven's doctors were extremely pleased with all her numbers - even if I wasn't happy. They somehow always make me feel better about them - I tend to look for the negative instead of the positive. We will find out in a few weeks if she needs to go in for another round of IVIG or if she will get the surprise immune testing again. Her nurse is headed to India for a few weeks to help out over there! They are AWESOME and I'm super happy for her.

Saturday was boring - which is GREAT! All I did was go to the grocery store. We kept Haven in the house most of the weekend due to the heat.

Sunday was lawn day.....I mowed all morning and the heat killed me. Then later in the afternoon my sister and nephew came by and my mom's friends for some dinner. Chicken, ribs, and pork chops......Memorial Weekend couldn't have better food.

Then today Miss Haven decided it was time to get her ears pierced. She wanted them done before graduation on June 10th. So we took her to the mall with her numbing cream on her ears. As if she'd feel it anyway, but it made her feel better. She did great....

The girl was very nice and made sure Haven was happy. She gave her a stuffed animal to hold. Haven picked out some pink jeweled flowers for her first set. She learned all about how to care for them.

This was as bad as it got for her piercing. The woman was so excited about how easy Haven was. She just couldn't believe it. People were watching her through the windows ready for a scream and cry. She did her ears and Haven hopped down and went shopping for earrings!


Afterwards we took her to Red Robin for linner (lunch/dinner). She really hates when we mix two meals in to one! :) But she had a huge special drink for her piercing and doing so well. And yes....we have lots of teeth that are extremely loose....if she'd only pull them. She'll be with out all of her front teeth if they all come out at the same time!

I think we also found a graduation dress...but who knows. She's such a girl that I'm sure the one I got just won't do by the time graduation gets here.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Misty,

    What blessed news that the doctors were so pleased with Haven's test results.

    Please tell Miss Haven that I said hello to her and that I'm glad she was able to have her ears pierced for graduation.

    Still keeping Haven and family in prayer.

    With caring prayers,

    Wylene

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...