Monday, October 12, 2009

Another day

Miss Haven playing PS2 today. She has probably slept about 6 hours in the past 2 1/2 days. This medication is keeping her wired but her spirits are up. Kris has been staying up every night with her massaging her feet. One of her favorite nurses has been with her every night - Hatel. Haven even pages her in the middle of the night for hugs. The nurses just love her. One issue is that she is freezing all the time but she is sweating and when the nurses come in at night she is completely undressed and doesn't remember why.

This is Haven right before her medication getting her night time snack. On Mom and Haven days we usually stop off at Starbucks and get a skim milk hot chocolate and a petite vanilla scone! So today I brought her a special treat for doing so well with her medication.

Here is my baby tonight at 10:30. She gets extremely cold after her medication. I think she had about 10 blankets on today when I got there. She has had extremely bad headaches the past few weeks and this medication has been amplifying them. Her little bald head freezes really fast so as you can see her robe is wrapped around her head.

I just want to bring my baby back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...