Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday

Well today we decided we'd force Haven out of the house and we went to the mall. I probably only go to the mall once a year if that. We were there for at least 5 hours. Haven had a blast and she walked the entire time. She's been so terrified to leave the house for some reason that she comes up with any excuse possible....even that she needs to clean. But we made her go.

While at Kay Bee Toys this lady came up to my dad (I was somewhere but not there) and she just looked at him and asked, "Is she on steroids?" When my dad said yes the lady just burst out crying. Her young daughter had a brain tumor and passed away. She was also on steroids so she was able to see it in Haven very quickly. She took Haven around the store and let her pick out anything she wanted.
So she picked a scrap booking kit and started working on it immediately! Thank you to the lady at the mall - I did not get your name and we really appreciate it. Haven loves it.

I have been looking for shoes for a couple of weeks - I'm extremely picky on the shoes (fit wise). The fit in the store but I do not recommend them to anyone. They are great if I don't move - but my foot slides out of them and I've fallen twice now! Back to searching for shoes tomorrow.

Tonight after we finished with the phone calls to everyone we sat down to a few games of poker - about 4 hours worth.

My dad brought the pennies and started dealing.

My brother.....I really don't have much to say about this photo - he pretty much says it all for me.

Haven helping me out with my hand. She stayed up until 11:30pm helping me out. Needless to say by 1am my brother was giving me a loan so he could go home and start working on his class stuff. I did not win! Katie actually won for the night.

We had a great day. Tomorrow is supposed to be Gettysburg but with the weather forecast to be in the 90's and high humidity I might stay home with Haven and take her shopping for shoes tomorrow. The weather is just horrible.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. the question is.....

    5 card stud, hold em or what....

    I love cards with the fam!

    ReplyDelete

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...