Sunday, March 7, 2021

Home Sweet...six years already

 

Six years ago....exactly. we finished building this house on this copilot. There was nothing here. We watched it all build around us. The process was painful but we're so happy now to have such amazing neighbors and friends. 


Digging out the basement. This was a fun process to watch them build it but so many times we wanted to walk away. Happy we didn't. 


Basement done....now the actual framing starting. We didn't ask for the garden basement...it was an extra $9k  but due to the land the builder wasn't allowed to dig deeper. Yeah for free garden view. 



View from upstairs 


Haven in the soon to be kitchen


When it finally started feeling real. Like...are we actually doing this?  I can't stay in one place for more than two years. I'm born and raised...through and through MILITARY.  How will I be able to stay in one place???  (Got jobs where I travel the world)


Almost ready to move in!  


Railing went up on the porch. Another freebie. The house had to be built so high so we didn't have to pay for railings!!!


Finally. My favorite room in the entire house. 


I can't believe we're still here. Six years!  I do threaten to move us almost yearly but then I just go away for 5-6 weeks!  😁  

PS: We have the absolute best neighbors and friends. That is why we stay. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...