Monday, March 8, 2021

Boar, ram, pheasant...

 The past few months have been a lot of firsts. If you would have said I'd be eating meat the hubby hunted I would have "icky'd" out. I really can't stand too much variety in my diet. Not to mention any meat I eat must be burnt!  

So now we have a freezer full of ram meat, some boar meat left. We really like the boar so much Kris went back to the ranch and got a 480lb boar. He comes home tomorrow from the butcher....game guy. We take all our game to Thompson's to have it processed. They make some amazing jerky.

 https://thompsonssmokehouse.com/

Yesterday Kris went pheasant hunting with the Sheriff's Department, Highway patrol, and an elected official for our county. Yep....another thing I never would have thought would happen. 


Now I'm making pheasant for tonight's dinner. I picked a 6 hour slow cooker recipe. Thank you to my friend for donating some flour to me!  

We're going to wrap each breast with the bacon from our first boar. The slices are so thick I pretty much only use the bacon for extra flavor on other dishes.  I'm thinking we'll do a beet and broccoli sprout side salad. I've been experimenting with different sprouts. And the broccoli 🥦 are ready!


::::after dinner::::

Dinner was actually very very good. I made a cream of mushroom garlic sauce and poured that over the pheasant that was wrapped in boar bacon. Kept it very juicy. 


Definitely will eat again. But I think I'll add a bit if mustard. It needed a little tang to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...