Friday, March 7, 2014

Monday….

I spoke with pre-registration for Haven's surgery today.  We are ready to go!  First I have to say I don't remember paying $100 for every surgery before……anyway

Haven is ready for surgery.  She has been informed that she cannot have anything to eat after midnight and nothing to drink after 7:15am.  She has to be at the hospital by 8:45am to meet with anesthesia and her surgeon.

They have it on her paperwork that she is allergic to Ketamine and no clear tape is to be used due to making her skin blister.

Her surgery will begin around 10:20 am.  Her surgery is normally around 1 hour.  But they told me today that with her high risks of anesthesia and respiratory issues and going through surgery in general she will probably be around 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

She will be immediately admitted to the PICU following surgery.  We are to bring her c-pap mask and they will make sure she is hooked up on the machine with her oxygen.  I did explain to them that one of my biggest concerns is the fact that her throat is going to be cut up and she is going to have a mask forcing air in to her throat.  I don't want her gagging on blood.  Again this is one of the reasons she will be in the PICU.  They will monitor everything.

We aren't sure when she will be coming home yet - it depends on how well she does with the mask and being able to drink fluids.  She doesn't have an immune system so she will take twice as long to recover than a normal person.  Heck, it takes her 30 days to recover from a mosquito bite!  But we have grandma here to take care of Miss Haven and be with her at the hospital.  So she will be taken care of completely.

I will update everyone on Monday as we finish surgery and settle into recovery.  Thank you to all of you who have been sending your prayers to Haven.  She does check her blog and you can leave your comments for her to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...