Monday, September 9, 2013

MY LITTLE SMARTY PANTS



Miss Haven is homeschooled and has been for the past 1 1/2 years.  I am very thankful to my mother in law.  Grandma Cook (Beverly) has been AMAZING for miss Haven.  While we were in transit last year and not sure which way we were headed - EAST-WEST-NORTH-SOUTH - with no where to go and no one to take us in she happily opened her doors with wide open arms.  She invited our large and loud family in to her house for an indefinite amount of time.  Grandpa Simon made dinners and worked while Grandma helped with Haven's school and babysit while we traveled 1000's of miles back and forth for work.  I honestly do not know what we would've done without them but I could never thank them enough.

After about 5 months of invading their home we moved most of the crew up to Connecticut (before the multiple blizzards hit!).  Haven asked to live with Grandma and Grandpa.  She absolutely did not like Connecticut and frankly it's not our favorite location either!  So although we weren't sure how we'd deal with doctors we said yes.  Grandma took over Haven's schooling and I made sure she had all of her books and materials.  Haven spent the entire school year with Grandma working hard on her school work.

We just had her state standardized testing come back and I have a smart little girl!  She tested above average on Math, Science, Language Arts, and Reading!  She even took two tests she wasn't supposed to take and they have decided to give her the credits.  Below are two of them.

I spoke with the Academy for the school system and in Math she is above average and in Reading she is at a 10th/11th grade level!  Yes ---- she is only 9 years old!





No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...