Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oncology visit


Haven's last Oncology visit was August 26th.  We had hoped, as mentioned before, that her numbers would magically go up and she'd be able to have surgery to remove her port and no more IVIG.  This was not the case.  It was her first visit without her old nurse.  It was a bit stressful for her and I stayed with her for the day.

Excellent view of the port with the access needle in it.


She did very well.  We were there until about 4pm.  Her next visit is October 24th. We will meet with her Oncologist at that time to review Haven's progress and probably get a flu shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...