Saturday, January 26, 2013

Paria, Utah


 This is one of our favorite exploration areas in Utah.  The city is Paria.  It is a ghost town on the Paria River in Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument.  It was settled in 1865 and abandoned by 1929.  After that Hollywood came in and made many movies - couple of them - Outlaw Josey Wales and Buffalo Bill.


 The landscape is just amazing to stand in the middle of.

 It's a deep canyon and you can see the many years wearing on the rock.

 My girls strolling through the movie set

Of course Deez had to chime in!

Amazing place if you are ever out there and need some great photos and memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ROHHAD in Ireland

 I received this story in my email today. It still shocks me that my daughter has ROHHAD. It's a horrible disease that destroys a child&...